Bout of Books 12 is from January 5 through January 11. Sign up begins in December.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 SIGN UP!

Are you ready to SIGN UP?

THIS IS WHERE YOU SIGN UP.


Here's what you have to do:

1. Post on your site and declare your intentions to join us. It's EASY. Grab the official blurb (below) and our button (in the sidebar) and create a post.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

2. Add your link to the linky in this post.

3. There will be an OPTIONAL Social Hour sign up beginning on August 5th. Check back on that date for more details.

4. On August 19th, READ!

Official Sign Up

Remember: you must post a DIRECT LINK to your sign up post. 

If you're only participating on Twitter/YouTube, link up your "I'm participating in Bout of Books!" tweet/video, NOT your Twitter/YouTube profile.



No direct link = no Grand Prize

A direct link is...

http://yoururl.com/your-sign-up-post
http://twitter.com/YOURHANDLE/status/thenumberofyourstatus
etc.







Want to share that you signed up for Bout of Books? Tweet it!
 

30 comments:

  1. I'm so glad bout-of-books is coming up again. I loved it last time so much I decided to run my own read-a-thon (starting August 1st) on my website. I'd love it if you checked it out.
    http://thebooktower.webs.com/read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to be apart of this. I am a very new blogger and this will be my first event. Just wrote the post and it will hit my blog tomorrow. I like to have a new post each day if I can and I already had one for today. Now I have to start thinking about my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to participate in this for such a long time and I finally can! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - I first heard about this in the middle of 7.0 and marked my calendar for August. I'm looking forward to participating for the first time. Will be back with my link and official sign up later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I have more time in August so definitely joining!! For the last week I was looking for the sign up post lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found out about this, looking forward to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time with this read-a-thon..sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 150 reporting for duty! *salutes*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for 8.0!! Bout of Books is one of the most fun read-a-thons I've done. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceO3Em9pENo

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://lightstar-sreviews.tumblr.com/post/58031741193/im-participating-in-bout-of-books

    ReplyDelete
  12. My first read-a-thon =) I've been living under a rock for far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very excited for my first read-a-thon.
    hopefully i'll complete all the books I've set out to read.
    good luck to everyone doing the bout of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My firts time taking part, and looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm primarily on booktube, but I've set up a blog to run alongside for reviews and the like :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mostly on booktube though quite new, will post reviews on goodreads and like them on videos with updates, so excited!
    mewmar

    my video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0iEiwdyaRU

    ReplyDelete
  17. My channel is RandomKgirl on YouTube and my blog is: www.kyralovesbooks.webs.com thank you so much for the read-a-thon! I'm very excited to be apart of it!
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyra, to sign up for the readathon, you need to have a sign up post or video and link that in the linky.

      Delete
  18. I'm so excited to be participating in this read-a-thon! My video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0nEfDGgylk and it also has my tbr :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link your video up in the linky to be entered.

      Delete
  19. I thought I'd linked my blog to this but it must've not worked :( I'm still doing the readathon and posting updates on my blog though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like you're on Day 1's linky only. When you update on your blog, please link up the actual post, not your homepage. (THIS: http://yoururl.com/your-boutofbooks-post, not http://yoururl.com)

      And while you're welcome to continue updating and participating (we encourage it, in fact), you won't be eligible to win any of the prizes.

      Delete
    2. Okay, that's fine :) Thanks for letting me know! I'm doing it for the fun of it rather than for the prizes anyway :)

      Delete
    3. I just noticed that the same thing happened to me, Lucy! Bummer! But I'm still going to update and participate in the read-a-thon!

      Delete
    4. I had the exact same thing happen to me! I'll keep participating though.

      Delete
  20. Oh phooey...looks like sign up is closed? Well, I'm going to participate anyway...after all the challenge is against myself anyway. :)

    http://remembermoments0823.blogspot.com/2013/08/bout-of-books-sign-up-goals-and-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://thepaperbackstash.blogspot.com/2013/08/bout-of-books-2013.html

    hehe missed the closed link too but been planning this one all month. Just didnt get a chance to post a blog post about it until tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh fine its a longgggg.... sites.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips from this post. Thanks for sharing for islam books etc.


    Islam books & Arabic Dress Mens

    ReplyDelete