Monday, December 16, 2013

Bout of Books 9.0 SIGN-UP!

Are you ready to SIGN UP?

THIS IS WHERE YOU SIGN UP.


Here's what you have to do:

1. Post on your site, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, YouTube or Facebook account and declare your intentions to join us. It's EASY. If you're posting on your blog, grab the official blurb (below) and our button (in the sidebar) and create a post. (Need an example? Check out Kelly's Bout of Books 9.0 post!)
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

2. Add your link to the linky in this post. You have until Tuesday January 7th at 11:59pm CST to sign up. (If the linky is closed, you're too late.)

3. On January 6th, READ!

Official Sign Up

Remember: you must post a DIRECT LINK to your sign up post. 

If you're only participating on Twitter/YouTube, link up your "I'm participating in Bout of Books!" tweet/video, NOT your Twitter/YouTube profile.

No direct link = no Grand Prize


A direct link is...

http://yoururl.com/your-sign-up-post
http://twitter.com/YOURHANDLE/status/thenumberofyourstatus

etc.





Want to share that you signed up for Bout of Books? Tweet it!

28 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'd like to participate but I don't know yet my availability at that time (and I may have the information only at the last moment). Till when can I sign up?
    Thanks for your answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have school when it starts, but I`m still going to try and read as much as possible!! I think I entered right, but forgot to post my goal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    I don't have a twitter and would like to participate so I shared the bout of book Facebook page to my page stating I'm praticipating... is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be public for it to count. If we can't access it, we can't verify your participation.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to you!

    Wow - almost 500 participants this year!

    I wasn't sure if I would have the time to join you but I am officially signing up at #492 under my Inspire Me Monday post! Hoping that by sharing there I can send some other interested people your way! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my link to my Facebook post,https://www.facebook.com/booksarediamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you add your link in the linky above if you haven't already!

      Delete
  6. I found this thing in the last book-a-thone but it was already running. Can't wait for this one.
    http://leitoraemtransicao.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/bout-of-books-read-thone-90.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you add your link in the linky above if you haven't already!

      Delete
    2. Just did it.Thank you for the warning, hahaha.

      Delete
  7. https://twitter.com/danielmndz/status/419998592846135296

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you add your link in the linky above if you haven't already!

      Delete
  8. Yes! It's 12:09am and I have made it! I am officially read and set to undertake this read-a-thon this week. I'm so excited! Thank you so much for doing this event. It's just perfect to start off the year, it's a great motivator to stay on top on the reading goals, and it's great on so many other levels :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! It's 12:09am and I have made it! I am officially read and set to undertake this read-a-thon this week. I'm so excited! Thank you so much for doing this event. It's just perfect to start off the year, it's a great motivator to stay on top on the reading goals, and it's great on so many other levels :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Frijoles.. almost 600 people signed up! That's so cool! <3
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiii! I'm participating!

    https://twitter.com/SandraKiandra/status/420222367118274560

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you add your link in the linky above if you haven't already!

      Delete
  12. Hi everyone! I've never participated in anything like this and i'm soooo excited about this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://twitter.com/boogieXxXWoman/status/420063465806376960

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to add your linky if you haven't already.

      Delete
  14. I just added my link! This will be my first time participating in a read-a-thon! I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  15. added my link. here is my screen shot: http://t.co/LlydOTO5Ui

    ReplyDelete
  16. Despite all the voices whispering against it (studies, writing, editing, etc) I've signed up! And am really looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh! I'm number 43 on the list and I just notice my link doesn't go to my post! I don't know what happened. The post is still on my blog, but it just doesn't go through to my actual post. So here is the link

    http://whitepicketfence1.blogspot.com/2014/01/bout-of-books-90.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hopefully I can still be entered to win the big giveaway!

      Delete