Monday, July 28, 2014

Bout of Books 11 SIGN-UP!

Are you ready to SIGN UP?

THIS IS WHERE YOU SIGN UP.


Here's what you have to do:

1. Post on your site, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, YouTube or Facebook account and declare your intentions to join us. It's EASY. We ask you share info to help spread the word. Please link back to us so others can find us here.

If you're posting on your blog, grab the official blurb (below) and our button (in the sidebar) and create a post. (Need an example? Check out Kelly's Bout of Books 11 post!)
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

2. Add your link to the linky in this post. You have until Tuesday August 19th at 11:59pm CDT to sign up. (If the linky is closed, you're too late.)

3. On August 18th, READ!

Official Sign Up

Remember: you must post a DIRECT LINK to your sign up post. 

If you're only participating on Twitter/YouTube, link up your "I'm participating in Bout of Books!" tweet/video, NOT your Twitter/YouTube profile.

No direct link = no Grand Prize


A direct link is...

http://yoururl.com/your-sign-up-post
http://twitter.com/YOURHANDLE/status/thenumberofyourstatus

etc.





25 comments:

  1. http://dbookheaven.blogspot.com/2014/07/bout-of-books-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denis, you only need to add the link above in the linky. Less work that way. ;)

      Delete
  2. Lol, am I the only one who has also set my reading goals for Bout of Books 11.0 already??? Was I suppose to wait until closer to the read-a-thon??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting!! I am so excited!! Here is the link where I will be noting my progress: http://wp.me/p370vC-3Od

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here #69, but realizing right now I need actually to spend more time reviewing books than reading more. I should reach my goal of 105 books this year, fine with me, but I am sooooo behind my reviews. Hopefully I can catch up enough and participate in Bout of Books 12!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowee! Excited to participate this time. I'm #471, goodness this readathon keeps getting bigger and better. Hope I can do some of the mini challenges this time, there are some fun ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its my first time participating:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am confused on how to sign-up, can you please help me? I posted this earlier, but I am not sure if it went up, so sorry if I accidentally make a double post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to:

      1. Tell the world you're participating in the readathon. It can be on your blog, Twitter, YouTube channel, Tumblr, wherever.

      2. Link up your "I'm participating in #boutofbooks!" post, tweet, video, update, whatever, HERE in the linky.

      That's it.

      If you need examples, follow Kelly's example we provide in the post if you're updating on your blog. If you're participating with Twitter, use the Click to Tweet and link that tweet. (It's the one that says, "Tweet about Bout of Books".) If you're on YouTube, I'm sure there are excellent videos you can use as an example.

      Delete
  8. So do i just list the books i read at Twitter then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like, yes. You update however you want, on whatever social media network you want.

      Delete
  9. *Makes Grand Entrance at #791* If only I'd waited a little bit longer I might have been 800 darn it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok and do you post your goals there too? This is my first RaT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You post your goals wherever you want. Check out our FAQ page for more details: http://boutofbooks.blogspot.com/p/faq.html

      Delete
  11. Vienna, your link needs to go in the linky, not the comment section.

    ReplyDelete
  12. worried that my link isn't working..i just clicked on it and it says PAGE NOT FOUND. want to make sure i'm signing up correctly before sign in closes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to grab the url of your tweet (I'm assuming you're signing up through Twitter, if not, the url of wherever you declared your intention to join) and post that in the url box of the linky. It looks like you posted the message of the tweet itself. Delete your entry and try again and you should be fine.

      Delete
  13. Double checking my link. I don't think that I posted my link properly yesterday: http://kinkyvanillaromance.blogspot.com/2014/08/bout-of-books-11-i-am-signed-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy i met my goal with an hour to spare. I can't believe I read 12 books in one week =D I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete