You were going to read that week anyway, right? Read with us.
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
Bout of Books 8.0 - 8/19/2013 -- 8/25/2013
Bout of Books 9.0 - 1/6/2014 -- 1/12/2014
Bout of Books 10 - 5/12/2014 -- 5/18/2014
Bout of Books 11 - 8/18/2014 -- 8/24/2014
Bout of Books 7.0 - 5/13/2013 -- 5/19/2013 (507 participants)
Bout of Books 6.0 - 1/7/2013 -- 1/13/2013 (228 participants)
Bout of Books 5.0 - 8/13/2012 -- 8/19/2012 (245 participants)
Bout of Books 4.0 - 5/14/2012 -- 5/20/2012 (229 participants)
Bout of Books 3.0 - 1/9/2012 -- 1/15/2012 (94 participants)
Bout of Books 2.0 - 10/24/2011 -- 10/30/2011 (149 participants)
Bout of Books 1.0 - 8/22/2011 -- 8/28/2011 (144 participants)
*always be careful what you tweet!
The Bout of Books team consists of Amanda @ On a Book Bender & Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. *No, guys, they are not the same person. Despite those persistent rumors and the way they talk to one another on the @boutofbooks Twitter handle.*