Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bout of Books 22 Day 2

Today is the LAST DAY to GET SIGNED UP.
Are YOU signed up PROPERLY?
Only properly signed up participants
ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES.
_________________________

Congratulations!

You survived the first day of the read-a-thon!

Here is the schedule of events for today:

TZC = Time Zone Conversion

10:30am CT (TZC) Morning Announcements with @boutofbooks
7:30pm CT (TZC) Evening Announcements with @boutofbooks





Please note: the form for the sign up will stay open through TODAY.
It closes Wednesday at midnight (TZC)

Challenge

Year of You

Share a book that was published the year you were born. If you don't wish to disclose your age (that's fine; you'll get no judgment either way here), pick a book that was significant to your childhood.

Thanks to Courtney Lynn (@ceelynnreading) for today's challenge!

Updates

The way these updates work is that you post whatever you want your fellow readathoners to see TODAY. Whether that's your progress for the previous day (today's link would be to your progress for the first day of the read-a-thon), your answer to today's challenge, an incredibly witty tweet about the book you're reading, or a hygge reading picture you posted on Instagram, link it here. The linky will be open for 24 hours. There will be another linky tomorrow. Please include a DIRECT LINK to your update so we don't have to go clicking around to find it.

9 comments:

  1. I googled books published in 1969. I didn't realize this one was published that long ago. I read it in college when I was studying world religions. At the time, I read the Book of Mormon, Bhagvad Gita, Koran and others.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - 1991

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Year:
    1989

    The Mummy or Ramses The Damned
    by Anne Rice

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1968-Isaac Asimov's Mysteries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon of the Elves by Janet Taylor Lisle, 1989

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was born in the magical year of 1985 and I’m so happy to share a book that’s a favorite of mine, by a super favorite author and that is… *drum roll*… FIRE AND HEMLOCK BY DIANA WYNNE JONES, first published by Greenwillow Books.
    I read this book back in 2016 and even though I was already acutely aware of DWJ’s uncanny way of storytelling, my mind was blown just like the first time I read DWJ. This was even more remarkable because Fire and Hemlock is a retelling of “Tam Lin”,—the guy who is trapped by an evil fey queen and in need of rescue from the maiden who is his true love— again, something I was familiar with having read Tam Lin retellings before. But DWJ was something else and so is her work. I actually reviewed this book (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/386279331) if anyone feels like wanting to know more about my feelings on the subject. 1985=MAGICAL. B-)

    Also on my Updates post: https://cuidadocomodalmata.wordpress.com/2018/05/07/bout-of-books-22-updates/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found one from my year!

    https://twitter.com/JLenniDorner/status/996874322936582144

    ReplyDelete